Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I'm not mad... just disappointed.

Well, I was supposed to go out with Whitney last night. Thus the extensive conversation with my mom about all her concerns that you can read below... and after all of that haberdashery?

It didn't happen.

She was supposed to call me when she was headed to "the fox" (short for Fox and Hound Pub) and then we would proceed to go drinking from there... Well I waited up, and after a brief dialogue via text message, I decided that I was going to bed, because I'd call going out at 2 AM less of a "late start" and more of an "alcoholic cry for help." As for Whitney, she probably just got too drunk to remember to call me... It happens. That's why I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed.

So again, I slept in until 10, showered, read a book, and messed around upstairs until about noon, and then came downstairs to see what was going on. Apparently I'm either really quiet, or my grandpa needs to adjust the volume control on his Beltone, because despite the fact that I milled around, made lunch, used the downstairs bathroom (the toilet in which has a loud and distinctive flushing sound) listened to music, and read my book, I escaped being noticed until about 1:30.

I saw grandpa several times, and even said a few words to him, and I made lunch in the kitchen while he was just one room away in the breakfast nook, and still I evaded detection. (... Hmmm, maybe that old guy in my building is right, maybe I should be a spy!)

No comments: