Thursday, December 08, 2005

Oh, the F-Bomb... how I love thee!

We all know that I love using the F-bomb... I very regularly use it in my posts, (and I use it notably more in my everyday conversation) This of course prompted my dear, sweet mother to send me an e-mail detailing the proper uses of the word... Much as I love my mother, I disagree, and think there are MANY acceptable uses for this word, and many of us encounter acceptable reasons EVERY DAY!

So here's the e-mail:

Acceptable use of the
"F" word:

When is @#$% Acceptable?

There are only eleven times in history where the "F" word has been considered acceptable for use.


They are:


11. "What the @#$% do you mean, we're sinking?"
-- Capt. E.J. Smith, RMS Titanic, 1912

10 . "What the @#$% was that?"
-- Mayor Of Hiroshima , 1945

9. "Where the @#$% did all those Indians come from?"
-- Custer, 1877 !

8. "Why the @#$% can't you understand what I'm saying?"
-- Einstein, 1938

7. "Who the @#$% says it doesn't look like her!"
-- Picasso, 1926

6. "How the @#$% did you work that out?"
-- Pythagoras, 126 BC

5. "You want WHAT on the@#$%ing ceiling?"
-- Michelangelo, 1566

4. "Where the @#$% are we?"
-- Amelia Earhart, 1937

3. "@#$% the house, get in the boat!"
-- Noah, 4314 BC

2. "Aw c'mon. Who the @#$% is going to find out?"
-- Bill Clinton, 1998

1. "How the @%#* was I to know they'd get this mad."
-- Saddam Hussein, 2003

Yeah, so that's what my mom thinks of my foul mouth... totally historically improper and abusive.

What can I say? I like the word! I like it for it's versatility and adaptability. I like the way it adds a certain kind of emphasis that would otherwise be lost on the listener...

Seriously, which one do you guys think more accurately conveys my level of disbelief and shock at the skinny-jeans-revelation?

Option 1: "Gee, I don't know how it happened."

Option 2: "I don't know how the fuck it happened! But I'm in my fucking skinny jeans!!!!"

Personally I'm an option 2 kind of girl... maybe it's just me.

No comments: