Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I don't know what to say to that...

Ok, so we've established that I have a dialogue going with you, my lovely readers. Funny thing is, that a lot of us read several of the same pages on a daily basis. That leads to dialogue on other pages, in other people's comment boxes.

The dialogue I find myself shuddering at in disbelief today is from our dear friend Jay (aka McFatty), of BlogPortland fame. On Markus' Swim At Your Own Risk post about a giant squid encased in ice, Jay taught me about "Dead cat punch."

He wrote: "Dead cat punch refers to a large container (usually a brand new, clean garbage can) full of jungle juice. Then, a dead cat (or whatever animal) that is frozen within a block of ice is dropped into the jungle juice. It is the partygoers mission to finish off the jungle juice before the ice melts, exposing the dead cat and tainting the precious alcohol. Maybe it's a Texas thing."

First off, I must respond to that by saying, "BLECH!!!!! I think I just threw up in my mouth a little... er wait, no, a lot actually."

Ok, I'm all for a good drinking game or alcoholic challenge, but this is really just beyond disgusting. I'm thinking this must be a Texas thing... and if it's not just a Texas thing, then I'm hoping that it's limited to the greater-Texas-area. All I know is that I've never encountered it before, and for that, I am grateful.

This also got me to thinking... Ok, so you have this deceased animal encased in ice... That's bad enough, but let's introduce a little logic into the equation. Ok.

ICE = water + cold

That means at one point, the cat or other deceased animal was just stewing in some chilly water at one point, right? So while the ice was still just water, weren't all the disgusting little dead creature features, like germs, bugs, diseases, grubbies, etc, just free to frolick about anywhere in the water?

So correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't really matter if the jungle juice ever actually makes it to the deceased animal, because the water that has long since melted into your drink had kitty-contagions in it all along.

This makes me glad that I haven't made out with anybody from Texas. (At least I don't think any of them were from Texas.)

So there that is.

======================================================

The rest of your Wednesday report is that I am writing from the coffee shop, because that's just what I do on Wednesdays, and that I was kind of disappointed by my white mocha coffee today... It's a one-time thing though, so I'm not too concerned.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go purchase some wrapping paper.

Be good my lovelies!