Monday, December 12, 2005

Unemployment; day 1

So I'm unemployed again. So naturally, I took the new-found freedom of my day to kind of relish the fact that despite the fact that my bad attitude and I are so apparently unemployable, I have all day to do whatever the hell I want, and I don't have to smile and pretend I'm in a good mood for anybody anymore!

Yes my job search has commenced, yes I'm looking at being in the unemployment line for Christmas, and yes my ego has taken a little bit of a blow, but I'm not going to let that stop me!

WHY?

Because my bad attitude is tempered with a healthy dose of optimism. (The attitude is only as bad as I want it to be...)

And yes, I did say that my ego took a little bit of a blow. It's true, but allow me to explain.

In the 9 years that I have been a contributing, employed, tax-paying member of society, (that means I was employed at the tender age of 15.) I have successfully managed to maintain my jobs with an astounding success rate. I was a lifeguard for 6 years. 6 bloody years! I worked as a retail sales associate for 6 months and I quit that job because my boss was an awful woman who did a lot to make my life hell, and I was still working as a lifeguard at the time, so I had something to fall back on. (Yeah, I had 2 jobs, and was in high school all at the same time!) I continued my lifeguarding well into college, and had another job working in the athletic department (in addition to taking 18 credit hours almost every semester). I also took a job working as an administrative assistant for a while, but I decided to go home for the summer, so I left that job too... When my lifeguarding days were done, I worked as a merchandiser for a flower company, and still had the athletic department job.

So as you can see, I'm a pretty damn hard worker. And I have always prided myself on being pretty damn good at whatever I decide to do.

The ego suffered a blow because after going 8.5 years without a single complaint, let alone a firing, I have been fired from my last 2 jobs... The bartending job I lost because I wanted to go home for my grandmother's FUNERAL, and my tanning job because I apparently have such an awful attitude.

After 9 years in the working world, being fired from two jobs in a row is an ego blow for anyone!

But don't worry about me! I know I'm still rad, and I'm not gonna let those fake-&-bake bitches get me down!!

I'll strike back at them when I use their real names in my tell-all book!

OH, I SO WIN AT LIFE!

No comments: