Friday, December 09, 2005

I'm being ignored... I think.

Ok, so I'm pretty much used to people not paying any attention to me when I talk... (Those who ignore me are usually the ones who are far too stupid to understand my special patented blend of humor.) Anyway, so now I think I'm being ignored by someone I kinda consider a friend. (It's hard to explain, so I'll spare you the nasty details, just suffice it to say that we're kind of off-and-on friends with a little friendship-related baggage.)

So anyway, this friend frequently comes to me in times of need for words of wisdom... (The advice usually is in reference to relationship troubles.) Apparently this friend seems to think I know what I'm talking about... I don't have the heart to tell him I don't know shit about relationships, as we can readily see based on my current successful relationship rate. Basically, I don't know much more than anybody else, and I probably, in point of fact, know less... but I know a little bit about a lot of other things, and I take that, pool it all together, and spin something out that would seem like relationship wisdom if you were desperate enough to buy into it... He's always been desperate enough for it, and it's always seemed to serve him well enough that he keeps coming back, so I guess I'm getting something right.

So anyway, this friend and I talked briefly about a week ago. It was casual, and friendly, nothing that could have caused any hostility... I don't think... And ever since then I have messaged him a couple times and been ignored. I don't know why.

Sure it's possible he's just busy, and that he's got other things going on right now... in fact it's likely that he's busy, but too busy to shoot a quick message back saying something like "Hey, I'm busy as fuck-all right now, I'll talk to you next week,"?

Seriously that took like less than 10 seconds to type... I'm not worth that little bit of time? Well you know what I say? FUCK THAT BULLSHIT!

(I say "FUCK THAT BULLSHIT" because I like the word 'fuck' and saying "FUCK THAT BULLSHIT" just rolls off the tongue so easily!)

Any insights today, kids?

No comments: