Thursday, December 08, 2005

"Just cover it with a book..."

So once again, I've gained writing fodder from the people I encountered on the morning commute.

This time, I'm blaming it on the skinny jeans.

Yes, I wore them two days in a row (because that's what you do when you FINALLY fit into them again!)

So this morning I boarded the train, and sat across the aisle from a guy who was relatively attractive, and appeared to be roughly 21 years of age.

Apparently he found me relatively attractive too, because not long after I boarded he had to move an object to his lap.

Which made me a little curious.

No, I wasn't curious about what was going on with his lap... I know what was going on there.

No, I was curious as to whether or not guys have or haven't evolved the "just cover it with a book" mentality.

I mean really! I haven't actually seen someone use the "just cover it with a book" move since like 8th grade.

Does this mean that I haven't been attractive since 8th grade? CERTAINLY NOT! I think it's feasible to assume that most guys just learn a certain amount of self control in that department. Maybe I'm wrong. I mean I know those things have a mind and a life all their own, but honestly, is there no way to control that whatsoever?

I've never encountered someone who was over the age of 16 and still needed to "cover it with a book."

What ever happened to "just think about baseball?"

I just don't get it! Guys, (and ladies with significant men in your lives,) help me out here! I want to understand!

Is there no control AT ALL in that department? I'm afraid it's been too long since I've had a significant other for me to speak knowledgably on the topic.

No comments: