Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Well that was unexpected...

Just as I was in the throes of celebrating my new job, and my new salary, and the fact that I still rock at life, I discovered something was amiss.

And it was amiss all up in my kitchen sink!!!

The city has been doing assorted work on the sewage lines in the area lately, and for a couple of days they turned our water off so that they could work, etc... So I'm pretty sure that this is related.

But I went into my kitchen to refill my glass of red wine, when I noted a rather icky smell. Something mildewy and generally disgusting.

I looked in the fridge. Nothing.

I looked in the freezer. Nada.

I looked in the trash. Nil.

And then I looked in the sink! BINGO! WE HAVE A WINNER!

There was something wrong with my sink... Namely it had been overrun by a particular breed of revolting green gunge.

Somehow a plenitude of filthiness had managed to back up into my kitchen sink.

And when I tried to run water to get it to leave, it decided it wanted to stay, so I'm assuming the pipes are also filled with the same revolting gritty gunge.

I already left a note for the building manager to stop by and fix it tomorrow.

I doubt that I'm the only one with this problem.

=====================================================

QOTD:

Liz: "You know how I told you that my job at the tanning salon made me want to kill myself?"
Kirsten: "Yeah... I remember."
Liz: "Well, there's been a bit of a development."
Kirsten: "Wait... let me guess!! You actually did kill yourself!"
Liz: "Well, that would make this conversation more than a little impressive, but alas, no. I didn't kill myself."
Kirsten: "Damn! I thought I had it there for a second!"

Kirsten: "I'm trying to redeem myself, so I'm doing a good deed. So on Saturday I'm working at the Special Olympics."
Liz: "Oh, that'll be nice!"
Kirsten: "Yeah, I told my dad, and he asked if I was going to be a timer or a hugger... I told him I'm going to be a timer, because as much as I need redemption, I'm not spending all day hugging retards and quadriplegics."
Scott: [Who is now doing his best "Special Olympics participant" impression (See: "Special Olympics participant," Read: RETARD.)] "Kirsten HUG ME!!!"
Kirsten: "OH MY GOD, ARE YOU ACTUALLY DROOLING ON YOURSELF?"
Scott: "Yes, but only so you'll hug me because I'm special!"
Kirsten: Like I said, as much as I might need redemption, I'm not spending my day hugging quadriplegics and retards."

No comments: