Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Gavin DeGraw can sing... but he sucks at basketball.


So I went to see Anthony at work today, because I had to talk to him about some bar nonsense. While we were discussing assorted topics we got onto talking about his ringtones. One of them happens to be a Gavin DeGraw tune.

Naturally the conversation shifted when I mentioned that Gavin was in fact playing a venue that I am highly familiar with, and that I could get us in for five bucks. It didn't take much in the way of convincing to know how Anthony and I were spending our evening.

So we went, and the opening band SUCKED. I MEAN REALLY.

Gavin was fabulous though, and he was worth every penny of that five bucks!!! (I'd have paid even more!)

After the end of the concert, I ran into one of my Loyola athletes. He made mention of the fact that after he was done with his workout for the day he and a couple of friends went to play basketball. While they were there Gavin came up and asked if he could join in. Of course they let him, but by all accounts he was REALLY REALLY AWFUL. Apparently he sucked badly enough for this particular source to note that, "He shouldn't have even tried... he ended up shaming himself."

Oh well... at least he's got that whole music career thing to fall back on.

===================================================

In other news, I was quite rudely snubbed by someone I once considered a dear friend today. I won't name any names, but I was more than a little hurt.

===================================================

QOTD

(A guy parked his car, left his keys in it, and the window down)
Anthony: "We should steal it!! We should just move it down the block, just to teach him a lesson."
Liz: "Yeah, and leave him a note that says 'Dude, next time we steal it for real.'"
Anthony: "Oh we should totally do that... We need to fake-steal cars more often!!!"

No comments: