Tuesday, November 29, 2005

So there's that...

Knowing that I will once again be (romantically speaking) be alone for yet another holiday season is kinda depressing. So last night I got to thinking. Not wanting to think of that nonsense, I decided to pop in a movie that was in no way related to the holidays... So what did I pick? "High Fidelity" starring John Cusack.

So I watched it... and there was the one line that struck a particular chord with the ol' Lizzle-cake.

"We were frightened of being left alone for the rest of our lives. Only people of a certain disposition are frightened of being alone for the rest of their lives at the age of 26, and we were of that disposition."

Yep... I'm 23, and I've become convinced that I am destined to be alone... FOREVER.

So then I checked the assorted collection of internet news. One of the featured articles read something to the effect of "76 year old dies after being attacked by dogs." How uplifting... This headline only compounded my fears... I'll live miserable and alone until I am 76, and then I'll be eaten by a pack of wild dogs... So I have that to look forward to, which is nice.

Yeah sure, I have Anthony... And yeah sure he'll be my valentine, but honestly, that's not gonna do much of anything for either of us.

Crimeny, I need a good date or something!

=====================================================

Last night, prior to all the depressing mess, I went to the grocery. And I had an encounter which I can only describe as a "Bitch-on-the-street-moment." As I was walking in the door, a little old lady literally pushed me out of the way, so that she could go out through the IN door. She didn't say "Excuse me," or "Pardon," or any make any other gesture to assume blame for her rudeness...

Since I had just gotten off of work, I can easily say that I was not in the best of moods when this happened. So of course I had to let her know of her tresspass.

[Liz enters grocery, pushed out of way by rude/silent woman]
Liz: "Wow, could you be a little more rude, please? Because I don't think that was quite rude enough! You know there are OUT doors like 5 feet away?!? "
Little old woman: (Continued silence)
Liz: "OH! And a Merry fucking Christmas to you too!"

I recently quoted a friend who said something to the effect of, "I don't get it, old people can tell me to 'grow up' but I can't tell them to 'hurry up and die.' I think there's something wrong with that." Yeah, I was feeling that last night.

No comments: