Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!

Yeah, that's right, bitches! I got my computer back and you all know what that means! (Lizzle cake is back in business!) It also means I don't have to use those skanky-ass computers in the lame-o labs back up on campus. This means I don't have to sit amongst all the creeps and weirdos that use those computers, which is good, because I am neither a creep, nor a weirdo, so I felt a little out of place.

That also means that I have regained the ability to post my pictures, so all the Halloween pictures will be up in the next day or two, so please, simmer down. (Ling Wong, this means you!)

=================================================

In addition to the return of the computadora, today was an UBER-hellacious day for the Lizzle. Let's just jump right in, shall we? (The correct answer is: WE SHALL!)

=================================================

First off, I got up really frickin early to go open the salon. Why? Fuck if I know, because nobody wants to tan. Seriously. I sat there for 7 hours and didn't have a single person come in to tan... the only person who came in at all was the mail man. So basically, I sat there for 7 hours reading the paper, reading a book, re-programming my phone, and doing crossword puzzles. (Thanks again for the puzzles, Murda!) Yeah, and while that might sound great to some of you out there... it's not. And it's even less amusing when you consider how little those bitches are paying me... I'm going to cry when I see my paycheck, I just know it.

As I was all set to leave the salon I was reminded that I have "lotion training" tomorrow. This is going to f-ing SUCK because it's out in the burbs, and it's going to take me forever and three goddamn days to get there.

To add insult to injury I got the November schedule... I was scheduled to have three days off this week. Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. But apparently these bitches don't seem to understand what constitutes a day off, because Wednesday I have to go to "lotion training" as I just mentioned, and then I was informed that they have decided to have a "VERY IMPORTANT/ MANDATORY" meeting on Friday. So that leaves me with Saturday, which I'll get to in a minute, but just so you know, I've got something going on then too. So basically I have a really fun week going here... can't you just tell I'm oozing joyful sentiments over here. The truly hilarious moment comes when I look at the schedule for Thanksgiving Day... Ready for this? We're open. (Because SOOOOOO many people want to tan on Thanksgiving... and just so you know my opinion, the only thing that needs to get tan on Thanksgiving is the fucking turkey, MMMKAY!) And here comes the true kicker!! I'm working... AND I am the only one expected to work. I am expected to work open to close. (THESE BITCHES ARE JUST BEGGING TO BE TOLD OFF, AREN'T THEY?)

So, as I left the salon today, my head was ready to explode.

As I'm getting on the el I got a call from Kelly wanting me to bartend a private party on Saturday... So that effectively fills my week. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to have a bartending gig, even if it's just a one-shot deal, because the money will be pretty damn good, and lord knows I need it.

So I then went down to pick up my computer... I'm not getting into that mess... suffice it to say that I have it, and it works, and nobody had to die... but I hate the geek squad.

I then stopped for a cup of coffee, (because if I didn't, either my head would've exploded, I would've had to slice 88 bitches up with a samurai sword a la "Kill Bill," or I would've spontaneously combusted... no matter which way you go there, the results are messy, so coffee was the only hope). And while having my coffee, I decided to adopt a pet for us! His name is Squiggles the hedgehog, and he lives in the sidebar! (Go ahead and love on him!) No. Seriously, click on him a few times, he'll follow your mouse in his little box, and he jumps when you click him and stuff... he's a cute lil' fella!

I then dashed off to the advisory board meeting for 4+1, which was highly informative, and quite exciting... It's something I think I'm going to be very proud of being involved with. And if any of you followed the link in the sidebar to the 4+1 website, you probably noticed that it's not really operational yet. Our apologies. The photographer didn't get the final pictures to the web designer in time for the original launch date, so things should be up and running in about a week! Please check back... It's going to be awesome!

So after all that mess, I got home at about 10:30, only to type all this out, and have my computer restart because it had installed updates while I was typing... So I lost the entire first edition of this post. I was not a happy camper, but I got through it, as you can see. (I think I'm just so happy to be able to post in my own home that I don't even care if I had to spend an extra hour on it.)

I also got a good bit of news from my mom, she says she might have a job lead for me, so I'm going to be making a few calls tomorrow, (WARNING: Nasty, though quite funny turn-of-phrase coming here...) so with a little bit of luck in the next few days I'll be telling those bitches at the salon that they can just suck a fart out of my ass, because I am outta there! Let's keep our fingers crossed! (Hopefully the worm is turning... knock on wood.)

So, let's see...

Yep, that about covers it.

No comments: