Thursday, November 10, 2005

My teeth are rotting out of my head...

Well, maybe they're not... but it's possible.

I don't know this could be happening, because I have impeccable oral hygiene. My mom works in a dental office, so I have regular checkups twice a year, I brush 2-3 times a day, I floss, I use listerene... So why do I think my teeth are rotting out of my head?

As many of you already know, the Lizzle cake is somewhat accident prone. When in Liz's company, it is not at all uncommon to hear a thud, rapidly followed by something like, "OW! SON OF A BITCH!" I would try counting for you all how many times I stub my toes, or hit my head, or trip up the stairs, or trip on nothing while walking down the street in a given week, but I can assure you that the figures would climb to astronomical levels, and I would lose track. Suffice it to say that it's a LOT.

And I'm ok with that.

I was good at athletics though... Never an unintended fall on the field or the court. Funny how that works out.

(I suck at basketball though... I freely admit that.) I digress...

So, back to my rotting teeth.

In the last few days I have bumped my head a few times... (Ok, more than a few times, but that's beside the point.) The thing is, when I have bumped my head I've noticed slight twinges of pain in my teeth. I don't think I'm hitting my head hard enough to shake teeth loose or anything, but I am apparently hitting my head hard enough to make them hurt... This is a downer! I'm not talking excruciating pain or anything, just little twinges that make me wonder if there's something going on with my teeth... because I've been hitting my head for 23 years now, and this is a rather new development. I don't know if this is normal.

They don't have support groups for this kind of thing... and webmd.com had nothing helpful to add on the topic as you can see here.

You kids don't have this problem, do you?

No comments: