Wednesday, November 16, 2005

What does that tell you...

I'm a 23 year old girl who doesn't own a hair dryer. I rarely, if ever, paint my fingernails. I drink beer. I don't make my bed in the morning. I do my dishes one at a time to avoid having a sink full of nasties later. I am perfectly content to sport a sweatshirt and a pair of jeans with paint on them. I have 14 pairs of shoes, including 6 pairs of sandals/ flip-flops.

What does all of this tell you?

It tells you that despite my exquisite taste in many things, I am LOW MAINTENANCE. Yeah, you read that right, LOW MAINTENANCE.

Does this mean I don't know how to apply make-up, NO. Does this mean I don't know how to dress myself, NO. Does this mean I bathe about as frequently as Kevin Federline, NO. What it does mean, is that I'm perfectly content to keep it as simple as possible. I'm perfectly content to cook a meal on my own stove, and watch a movie on the couch or read a book as opposed to going out and spending a small fortune on dinner and a show in the city.

You'd think boys would be beating down my door for a chance at me... but they're not. So that begs the question, WHY?

My theory is that they are threatened by a girl who knows more about baseball than they do. Or that they don't know what to do with a girl who is perfectly happy to "be just one of the guys."

I don't know how else to explain it.

You kids got any theories?

No comments: