Wednesday, November 23, 2005

My mom called me a "girly girl"

Yeah... my mom called me a "girly girl" and I got mad.

Don't ask me why she called me a girly girl, because I don't really know how she came to that conclusion.

Also don't ask me why I got mad, because I'm not 100% sure I know why.

My take on it is that I don't want to be considered a "girly girl." If anything, I think I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, though falling somewhat short of "bull-dyke" status.

We went through this when I talked about being low-maintenance!

  • I like baseball... and beer.
  • I enjoy toilet humor.
  • I don't own a blowdryer.
  • I don't own a curling iron.
  • I don't own a hair straightener.
  • I don't own a bottle of hairspray.
  • I figure that if it can't be done to my hair using the pins, clips, and ponytail holders I already own, then it probably shouldn't be done to my hair.
  • I like running around in sweatpants.
  • I like my jeans, even if they have paint on them.
  • I don't have a subscription to Cosmo, or InStyle.
  • I read books.
  • I watch NBA Basketball.
  • I watch NFL Football.
  • I watch college football.
  • I watch college basketball.
  • I GO NUTS DURING MARCH MADNESS.
  • I LOVE Quentin Tarrantino movies.
I think a lot of this qualifies me as being anti-girly-girl. But then again, I'm the sad, terminally-single girl who sits here and writes up all this mess for you kids to read and enjoy... what the hell do I know?

Welcome to my life.

No comments: