Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Today could be your lucky day.


First things first. The video of the week is up and running again, so please feel free to hop on over and check it out! (You won't be disappointed, because as Anthony knows, I have hot taste in music.)

In addition to my hot taste in music, I also have an affinity for Craisins. These things are awesome. If you like cranberries at all, craisins can make life worth living again!

Hell, between the craisins and Grape Kool Aid, I don't know what to do with myself! If I had an egg roll, a little cheese, or some vodka I think I'd say I'd be downright peachy!

I hear you saying, "But Liz, enough of the gastronomical conversation, why might it be our lucky day?!?!" Well, I'll tell you. I talked to someone this morning about a job, and if all goes well, then I'll be out of this hell-hole. Getting out of here means I'll stop bitching about it, and that means you don't have to read my continual tirades on the subject, thus it will be a lucky day not only for me, but for you as well! (Don't act like you're not thrilled to hear I might be getting out of here!)

I think it's safe to say I now know what a prisoner who has just gotten paroled feels like... and let me tell you, IT IS GLORIOUS!

====================================================

B!tch On The Street (BOTS) runs a regular feature called "Bitches We Hate" and it's a feature that I have come to love. So far I have yet to disagree with any of the picks. This week's pick, for example, is Cameron Diaz... and lord knows I hate that bitch! Other recent picks include Celine Dion, and John Basedow... SERIOUSLY, These are some bitches that we all love to hate, and we must unite to stop them!! (I also REALLY HATE Tony Little and Tony Robbins. THOSE BITCHES NEED TO BE STOPPED NOW!)

Although not in the formal "Bitches We Hate" columns, BOTS often runs through basic rules of public etiquitte. For example, a recent post addressed the unabashed guy who farts in enclosed spaces, like a train or an elevator.

This morning I had a run-in with a breaker of those generally accepted rules... the creepy smiler. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but this is something that I think is unique to Chicago, as I know New Yorkers are famous for being equally likely to step on your face as look at you, and Chicago has a reputation for being "nice and friendly" despite its size... But anyway, back to the creepy smiler.

Here's my tale: This morning while on my way to work, I was seated on the train, several stops from my destination, when a rather large, creepy-looking gentleman boarded the train and sat across from me. I was without my usual reading material, so I was forced to find other means of occupying my line of sight once I realized the guy was still looking at me... and not only was he looking at me, he had a REALLY creepy smile on his ugly mug. And it stayed there for the entire duration of my ride... and there was no mistaking that it was directed at me.

Now don't get me wrong, I am all for people smiling and having a good time, but there are also norms about staring at people and smiling that must be abided by. And this wasn't so much a kindly smile as it was a disturbing LEER... The kind that gives any normal person the heebie jeebies.

Normally under the circumstances I'd have made some smart-ass remark as I left the train, or I'd have done something else to make him feel like a jerk, but given his size, and the fact that I didn't want to be found dead and likely violated in a dumpster later, I just got off the train at my stop and kept my cool.

But the creepy smiler is a problem... and he must be stopped! The bitches we hate must all be stopped!!!

No comments: