Sunday, November 27, 2005

Weekend roundup.

WOW... It's been an interesting weekend. Lots of ground to cover, so without further ado, let's just jump right in.

Thanksgiving Thursday with the crazy Italians... I joined Anthony for Thanksgiving because I am too poor to go home for the holiday. We started off the day at Anthony's dad's place... for breakfast.
Now, on a day when over-eating is par for the course, skipping breakfast is advisable, unfortunately for me, it was not an option. We had originally planned just to go for a bagel and coffee, but somehow it turned into a whole meal. Bacon, eggs, sausage, hash browns, juice, bagels and coffee were served.

Over breakfast we were treated to Kelly's take on life. (Oh JOY...) Now it should be noted that none of us really like Kelly, and Kelly only solidified this over the course of the meal. Anthony and I continually shot each other looks of disgust as she continually ran her mouth, spouting the kind of ignorance that you wouldn't even expect in a trailer park. I don't intend to repeat any of it here, because it was just a whole lot of unpleasant ugliness that is not my style, nor something that I agree with or condone in any way shape or form... Suffice it to say we left disgusted with the whole thing.

From there we proceeded to lunch with side of his family in what can most aptly be described as "Pleasantville." Husband, wife, grandma, grandpa, three kids and a dog... Seriously, all that was missing was the white picket fence.

This is the family that hasn't informed the kids that Anthony is gay... And even saying the word "sex" was apparently a taboo. GROSS.

So, after several hours of pleasantries and food in Pleasantville, we took our leave and headed to dinner at "Auntie Ro's" AKA the crazy Italians.

Auntie Ro had more food, more family, and of course, BUBI! Bubi is not really Anthony's grandmother, but she's kinda related tangentially... And I am so glad that she was there! Bubi is a 90 year old Jewish grandmother who should have her own sitcom! Being 90 she was kind of winding down as we got there, so I didn't get to spend much time getting to know her, but even in the 45 minutes or so that we shared, I could tell that all the stories I've ever heard about her were true, and I can only hope to see more of her in the future! We hung around at Auntie Ro's until about 1:30AM, and then headed back into the city... Where things make sense.

Friday started off plainly enough, I slept blissfully late and was milling around my apartment until about one when I get a call from Anthony. He is obviously upset, and I can hear the anxiety over the phone. (* It should be noted at this point that Anthony is TERRIFIED of rodents. Even hampsters wig him out.) Long story short, there is a mouse in his apartment and will I come over and protect him while he waits for the exterminator. So of course, I get my lazy ass ready and go over to Anthony's. We wait for the exterminator, and in the end, the mouse had already died by the time he got there, and it wasn't that big of a deal. While we waited, Anthony wanted me to kind of play up his version of the story, and make like I was the one who couldn't handle rodents. And because I am a good friend like that, I did. Of course I ramped up the girly factor and pretended like it was my problem even though it didn't bother me at all... And apparently the exterminator thought I gave an Oscar-worthy performance because he told us about how his girlfriend hated them too etc.

So to further ease his mind so that he could sleep Friday night, we went out boozing. We met up with some people and went to Roscoe's.

Roscoe's is obviously not the kind of place where I'm going to be meeting anyone of interest, so I just stood around, danced a bit, drank, and chatted up the fabulous gay men. And then I almost had to beat a bitch down. While walking from the back bar to the front, I felt a hand at my side. Knowing that I didn't know the bitch behind me, I reached down to remove the hand, which was actually a mother fucker who was trying to get into my purse and steal my money. Now I might have been raised elsewhere, but I have certainly become a bona fide CITY GIRL... And I had used up all of my manners on Thanksgiving. So I turn to the guy who just had his hand in my bag.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?"

"Uhhh... what?"

"Don't 'uhh...what?' me motherfucker, you just got caught, and it's clear that you don't know who the hell you're fucking with!"

He then proceeded to run off to the back and I lost him in the crowd. But make no mistake about it, I might have had heels on, and I might have been in a gay bar, (so it would've been entirely possible to prosecute me for a hate crime) but I could have and WOULD have beat a bitch down. I'll take one of those fabulous shoes off and pop a bitch in the face with a stiletto heel.

From Roscoe's we went to The Closet, and then to Charlie's. After closing Charlie's we went back to Anthony's and had a few more drinks. We went to bed at 6AM as the sun was coming up.

Needless to say, Saturday was kind of wasted in efforts to recover from such a long night out. And that brings us pretty much up to speed. It's Sunday night, and I'm here at work. ICK.

=====================================================

QOTD -

"Honey, you want this? It sucks! Here! Eat it, just cover it in whipped cream so you can't really taste it!" ~Bubi

"Girl, you gotsta get married so you can have a big party and claim all your fabulous prizes!" ~DJ

"I can't believe someone tried to pick your pocket! He definitely didn't know who he was trying to rob... Because if we'd have found him, he'd have gotten fucked up! I mean I'd have tried to help you and all, but I think in reality I'd have just stood on the sidewalk while you issued a beating... just making sure you didn't kill the guy... because I know when you wear THOSE heels, you ain't fuckin' around!" ~Anthony

Gia: "I made cupcakes... Don't tell anybody but while I made them I ashed in the batter on accident!"
[Later]
Anthony: "Gia's cupcakes are REALLLLLLY GOOD!"
Liz: [whisper to Anthony] "The reason they're so good is because you haven't smoked all day, and she accidentally ashed in the batter... You're tasting the nicotine."
Gia: "You know it's just a baker's secret! You know, for that little boost of flavor!"

No comments: