Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Inspired!

Marcia, (Mar-CEE-ah,) of Pink Shoe fame wrote the following:

"Pretty much anything anyone I know has told me and then said, "Put that in your blog!"... My response to that is... get your own blog, put that in it, and then give me the link. I won't read it, though, because your blog ideas are BORING."

This inspired me to briefly rant about something...

We all know I have certain "rules and guidelines" that I follow with great fervor. One such guideline that I occasionally overlook in the interest of comedy is in regard to my QOTD feature. The guideline states that I don't quote myself just to have a quote of the day. I'm far more interested in what other people have to say, and I know what I said, so there really is no need to go quoting myself... One day I'll be noteworthy enough that someone else will be quoting me.

So... Back when I was much more reliable in keeping up with the quote of the day, my friends would constantly make note of things I said and say "OH MY GOD! That needs to be quote of the day!" To which I replied, "I don't quote myself!"

Rational thinking would lead someone to establish a blog or some other free page that was dedicated to all the funny things that I continually say. Apparently I am not worth the effort... which leads me to believe that perhaps I should read the proverbial writing on the wall... and so I did.

No comments: