Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving, you crazy bitches!

First off, let me wish you a happy Thanksgiving! If you're one of the crazy ninnies who doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving, then allow me to instead wish you a happy day off from someone who does celebrate the joys of Pilgrims, Indians, and the mass genocide of turkeys!

Who doesn't like a holiday when you are told to take a day off of work in order to gourge yourself on insane amounts of delicious holiday feasting goodness?!?!?

=====================================================

In related news, a few small suburban children are under the impression that I have a fabulous boyfriend... if only for the next several hours.

Allow me to explain.

I'm doing turkey-day with Anthony and his family... Now while I refer to Anthony as my fabulous gay husband, (and most of us know what that means,) and while Anthony is out to his family, he's got one of those crazy aunts... You know the kind. The ones who refuse to acknowledge homosexuality as a valid choice. Yeah... one of those.

Well apparently when Anthony told her that he was bringing me along, she told her children that I was Anthony's ""GIRLFRIEND"

I was slightly amused by this, and said, "Anthony, if I've gotta be your girlfriend, that's fine... whatever."

Anthony was obviously more peeved by the topic. He replied, "OH HELL NO, FUCK THAT BULLSHIT! I love you and all, but if I have to do the 'coming out' thing again, just so that those kids know the truth, I'll do it, my aunt'll get pissed off and we'll go one of the other 80 places that I'm supposed to eat tomorrow. But we're still going to have fun!"

So... for the moment, in the minds of a few suburban children, I am not the tragic singleton I've almost always been during the holiday season... instead, I have a fabulous boyfriend who knows how to dress himself, and has spectacular taste in shoes... Too bad for those kids... Reality will hit them, and hit them hard tomorrow afternoon. Oh well... Such is life.

=====================================================

As for the interview... I think things went well. I sure as hell don't know what they're thinking though. The guys who interviewed me were rather closed-mouthed about what they seemed to think of me. They didn't exactly tip their hand at any point in the interview which lasted 2 hours... (I take that to be a reasonably good sign.)

At the conclusion of the interview, they asked me to fill out a form so that they could start a background check... and since I know there isn't anything aside from a couple of really old traffic violations there for them to find, I think that'll go well enough. (Yeah, strangely enough, the lizzle-cake has kept her nose amazingly clean... which is remarkable because lord knows there were a few things I probably should've gotten pinched for.)

I'll know more in a week or so... So keep your fingers crossed!!!!

======================================================

I got my heat fixed today. So that's working nicely. Turns out the building manager had to come to my place and "bleed the heating system" which basically means he had to bring in a hose, and get all the nasties out of the heating pipes... And I'm not being a "girly-girl" when I call them nasties... Basically there was black muck coming out of my pipes and that hose at high speeds for a good five minutes. ICK!

======================================================
QOTD

"Pennies are alive! Pennies are alive! Get them out of your pockets, they will eat your soul!!!" ~Some crackhead homeless woman I ran into today.